Position: Project Manager
(Building Envelope Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Specialty Contractors, Testing Professionals)
Building Envelope Consultants and Scientists, the name says it all. We are experienced in every aspect of building enclosures, design, and performance testing. We strive to be the leading national engineering and waterprooﬁng consultant for every facet of the building envelope, but that takes skills. Do you have what it takes to acquire these skills?
With locations strategically situated throughout the East Coast, BECS delivers the best possible service to our clients, and to do that, we look to our experienced BECS Team. The staﬀ of BECS is the backbone and the heart of our company. We value work/life balance, professional development, a good attitude, and personal growth, and the occasional crab feast. We care about the whole package and not just the 9-5.
We are looking for ambitious and driven people who love to learn new things, take on new challenges, and think outside the box. We have openings at each of our operations centers, including, Baltimore, Maryland; Chantilly, Virginia; Raleigh and Wilmington, North Carolina; Tampa, Florida; and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Project Manager Job Description
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supervise work by technicians and draftsmen and other assisting project teams.
- Developing scopes of work, budgeting, scheduling, and client management.
- Develop letters, reports, drawings, specifications, and proposals with moderate guidance from a supervisor.
- Performing on-site building construction inspections, testing, and investigating building enclosure systems (facades, curtain walls, fenestrations, glazing systems, sealants and coatings, insulation, air barriers, weather barriers, cladding assemblies, roofing, below-grade waterproofing, plaza/terrace waterproofing, traffic coatings, green roofs, fall protection, and building access systems, etc.)
- Pursue professional activities to gain professional recognition.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering is preferred; however industry-specific certifications (AABA, AAMA, IIBEC, AWS, ACI, ICRI, SWRI, AIA, etc.) are also applicable.
- Candidate with or in pursuit of a P.E. or RA/AIA Registration is preferred.
- 5-8 years’ proven professional experience in building enclosure investigations, design, and solid project management experience.
- Able to work on routine projects independently.
- Interest in working with clients and supporting their needs and projects to forge a lasting relationship
- Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT) as well as Computer-Aided Drafting/Design (BlueBeam/CAD)
- Strong technical, graphical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- Comfortability with heights, including climbing ladders, scaffolding, and (potentially) industrial rope access.
At BECS, your background, experience, and degree or certifications tell us where you’ve been, not where you’re going. Take the next step in your career and think beyond traditional models of engineering and architecture, join our consultancy!
Our ideal candidate for Project Manager should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and should have superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Strong leadership and team-building qualities, as well as a proven experience maintaining composure under pressure, is desired. Additionally, our ideal candidate should be an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; can set goals and expectations; is approachable, empathetic, and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect, and can establish and maintain relationships.
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching; Dental / Disability / Health / Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Professional Development Assistance, Retirement Plan, Vision Insurance.
Candidate Application Process: Fill out the form below and upload your resume, or send resume and cover letter indicating why you are the best person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the email subject.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, BECS is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, familial status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. BECS believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.